Sunday, June 05, 2005

Instrument Preference

Early in our history, we beat logs with sticks, or used gourds and string to create music. Now, there are guitars, pianos, trumpets, drums, etc. They all have their own unique qualities. I've been fortunate enough to have played a few instruments over time, though some were for a very short amount of time. If you haven't figured it out already, I like music a lot. Instruments are a major part of making music. I've decided to reveal my favorite instrument.

Read on-->

I like so many instruments. I've never touched most of them. The violin was always something I wanted to learn. I wish I would have learned a brass or wind instrument. Other things, like money, have kept me away from other instruments. If I had money, I could get some drums. I could get a piano. I've played both at some point in time, but never with my own equipment. If I could choose a favorite of all of those, it would be the piano. The piano is a beautiful instrument with so many musical possibilities. Granted, drums are great for getting out frustration, but they can't make notes.

Since I own guitars and a bass. I will describe what it is about the guitar that captivates me so much. When I was younger, I would see singers or bands, always with their guitars at the front of the stage. Maybe that's why. I like the ability of the guitar. Six strings plus four fingers on one hand can reshape the characteristics of the sounds. The other hand can modify the way those sounds speak out loud. So expressive is the guitar that many try to create music for it, but fall well short of the ability of the instrument. It takes those with commitment and musical talent to bring out the full range of power. Just a simple re-tune can generate an entire new world of sounds. No other instrument has existed with the possibilities of guitar. There are wanna-bes (too many of them). But there are also those that truly know what guitar is. It is a magical box made out of wood and strings that can tell the people of the world what is on the mind of the player.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I am also a musician. I play both the guitar and drums.

My personal favorite instrument is the custom Washburn guitar (that Dimebag uses)which Dimebag made for Zakk Wylde with the bullseye finish and EMG pickups. At the Black Label show, I think the first since his death, he revealed the guitar and played a really long tribute to him. The guitar not only looked nice, but sounded amazing. I also take a liking to the Gibson Les Paul.

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Message Forum from Bravenet.com Free Message Forums from Bravenet.com
Free Photo Albums from Bravenet.com Free Photo Albums from Bravenet.com